Out teams include:
- Lachlan F, Harry F, Bella Stella
- Charlie, Sophie B, Ben and Jinudhi
- build large sized structures
- solve practical problems
- engineer using pulleys, motors, gears, wheels and axles
- invent machines that can complete simple tasks
- undertake unusual and fun experiments.
- construct basic electronic circuits.
- solve interesting problems using practical maths
Each team of four will be based at a workstation containing an impressive
assortment of easy to use parts and equipment. Teams will be given a booklet
containing a number of challenges. All the challenges are of an entertaining physical nature.
Teams will choose which challenges they wish to undertake. The harder the
challenge, the more points it is worth. There is not enough time to finish all
the challenges - so strategy is required to know which ones to go for.
Here are some of our team members working on their practice challenges.
Challenge 1: Create a 4 wheel driverless scooter that can move without humans
Challenge 2: Create an alien with 5 distinctive 'alien' features that moves under a barrier without a person coming within 2m of the alien. These were great challenges that challenged creative thinking, problem solving and team work.